New Zealand

New Zealand's educational institutions are well regarded throughout the world. There is a great range of opportunities available to international students here: quality secondary school education, a well established network of English language schools, and internationally respected and recognised tertiary education providers.

The cost of living and education is very affordable compared to other student destinations around the world. The country is stable and safe. It is a country of natural beauty, with comfortable temperatures throughout the year.

New Zealand has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. The country offers a safe learning environment, which provides excellent study opportunities, and support services for international students. Courses are available in academic, professional and vocational studies at universities, polytechnics and institutes of technology, colleges of education (teacher training), private education providers and secondary schools. With a well-educated population New Zealanders excel in many areas - arts, science, technology and manufacturing.

There are eight state-funded universities in New Zealand, all of them internationally respected for their academic and research performance. In addition to a centrally co-ordinated system of quality assurance audits at both institution and programme level, each Institution undertakes internal quality checks.There are many private colleges, GSA has tie up with best college in NZ.

All New Zealand universities offer a broad range of subject in Arts, Commerce and Science. Each has developed its own specialist subjects such as Medicine, Engineering, Veterinary Science, Computer Studies, Agriculture and Environmental Studies.

New Zealand is an easy and safe place to live and the residents are warm and hospitable. The New Zealanders are easy going, spontaneous, open people. In this multi-racial country , you'll find friends quickly and feel included.

While living and studying in New Zealand, you can afford great, modern, accommodation that is few minutes away from world-class study facilities. Public transport systems are good and cars are affordable. After hours, a recreational wonderland is right on your doorstep. You can enjoy the freshest food of all types, cool cafes, markets, quality boutique shopping, theatres and art galleries.

Costs involved

Tuition fees and living costs in New Zealand vary depending on the course and the institution.

• The average international student in New Zealand spends about $320 per week on housing, food, clothing, entertainment, transport, international and domestic travel, telephone and incidental costs. This is a realistic guide, but remember that individual circumstances will vary by location, course and lifestyle.

• International students can work while studying in New Zealand but the money you earn should not be used as your only source of income. To be granted a student visa in New Zealand you need to have adequate means of financial support.

Tuition Fees

Tuition fees vary between institutions and the major subject selected. Under-graduate degrees range from NZ$14,000 to 18,000 for Arts/Law, up to NZ$18,000+ per year for engineering. Medicine and dentistry, which are restricted programmes, have fees that are higher still. Post-graduate degrees range from NZ$18,000 to NZ$28,000 per year.


You will probably be required to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for getting an admission to an New Zealand institution. The school may also have additional tests for graduate students who are prospective teaching assistants.
This test is accepted in New Zealand:


You will need a student visa if you wish to Study in New Zealand to study full-time for longer than 3 months.You can only get a student visa to study in a course at an education institution, which is registered and approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
Your student visa will be issued for the length of time your course tuition fees have been paid. If you are studying a long-term course at secondary school, University or Polytechnic you will normally pay your tuition fees every year. The student visa must be renewed each year in New Zealand before the expiry date..


Most universities and Best college in NZcan assist students with finding accommodation on or near to their campus. Here is a list of most common options:

Student Hostels
These are usually located on the campus or nearby, with single or twin rooms. Bed linen and cleaning facilities are provided. Meals are eaten in a communal dining hall, with special dietary needs catered to. A warden lives on site, and social and cultural activities are organised for residents. Hostels usually have computer laboratories and recreation rooms. Some institutions provide "self-catering" hostels where 6-8 students have their own bedrooms and share a kitchen and living room.

Home stay/Private Board
This is a room of your own in a suburban house, usually with a garden and lawns. Your host family provides meals. Interacting with your host family and meeting their neighbours and friends is an excellent way to improve your English. The host family helps you make phone calls, read bus timetables, find a doctor and so on. But homestay is not like living in a hotel. Some "give and take" is expected, as you become part of the family.

Going "flatting"
This term means renting a house or flat (apartment) singly or with other people. Choose your own flatmates of the same or opposite sex with mixed accommodation, ranging from a two-bedroom apartment to a large house on its own land. Most rental properties are unfurnished, other than an oven, a laundry facility, curtains and carpet. The landlord does not have to provide heating. You pay for electricity, gas, telephone and water, including connection charges. A "bond" of up to four weeks' rent is held by Tenancy Services and refunded when you move out, if the flat is still in good condition. Tenancy Services, a division of the Ministry of Housing has information about dispute resolution procedures and your rights and obligations. For more information on housing options and arrangements, contact one of our counselors today.

Working in New Zealand

International students who have graduated from a course that would gain points under Skilled Migrant Category are eligible for a 1 year job search permit.

Once Graduates have gained work this way, they can go on to apply for either a post-study 2 year work permit or, proceed directly to apply for residency under the Skilled Migrant Category.
Students are eligible to work up to 20 hours a week. Anyone undertaking a course of 12 months or more are able to apply to work full-time over the summer holidays.

Partners of students studying in areas of absolute skill shortage and partners of all postgraduate students are able to apply for an open work permit valid for the duration of the student's course of study.



Latest News


Sign-up for Newsletter


Please Type the code: